The people below are volunteers who help The Good Neighbor Project complete its tasks of mowing, building Buddy Benches, cleaning, landscaping and more. Read more about them and how they are helping Tuscarawas County to be a more beautiful and kind place.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
- Tell us you want to be a volunteer and tell us why
- Give us 3 references we can check
- Go to The Educational Service center at 834 E High Avenue, New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663. To complete a background check. We can provide the form for them to print on the site or the form can be obtained and the background check completed at the same time at the Service Center Office. There is a cost to the volunteer of $32.00. Background checks are mailed from the service center to The Good Neighbor Project at PO Box 231, New Philadelphia, OH 44663.
- Read Volunteer handbook and sign indicating it was read (We have this produced.
- Complete Volunteer Release of Liability and Information Sheet ( we also have this produced)
- Mail the Completed forms (Handbook signature sheet, release, and information sheet) to The Good Neighbor Project, PO Box 231, New Philadelphia, OH 44663.
- Wait for further instruction from Project Coordinators.
- Once all documents are received, your packet is submitted to The Board of Directors of The Good Neighbor Project.
- Upon confirmation you will be a volunteer of The Good Neighbor Project. You will be a proven, background checked and trusted community resource that is also covered our liability insurance.
*The volunteers will have the capability to find problems in their own communities while carrying out our mission. We will work to address those needs as well by using out nonprofit status and community support.